Saturday, February 11, 2012

Love is Patient,

So the verdict is out & my very favorite scripture to date is...

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love NEVER fails!
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

This is a verse that I have repeated over & over in my mind several times a day. When things shake up a little bit as they tend to do in our daily lives I hold on to this word of truth very tightly. When my boat springs a leak because someone has rocked it, I have said this scripture until I feel a sense of peace wash over me. It works every time, IT NEVER FAILS!
I don't know about you, but it seams that I am a loveable sweetie pie until someone gives me the stink eye & then WHAM suddenly I have this overwhelming urge to step into a parking lot & smack that person out (okay not literally!). What I am trying to express is that there have been so many situations that would arise in my life where my insides would get shaken to some degree & I would walk away feeling unsettled. The great news is that these feelings are subsiding within me & are slowly disappearing from my spirit man. I have come to learn that it is very easy to be kind & loving when we are being treated well by others. It is very difficult to be kind & loving toward somebody who is not treating us well. Repeating this good word of truth has strengthened and encouraged me to be more patient, tolerant, excepting, loving & kind toward others. I have repeated that scripture so much so, that when I am faced with challenging situations I can stand the test of love. I no longer have to repeat that scripture in my mind because it is forever printed on my heart & it has brought great peace into my life. I hope that this would inspire & encourage you to find yourselves a good word of truth to focus on, so that when life happens it won't overtake you, you will overtake it with powerful words to bring you comfort & peace.

PS. Thank-you God for the fruits of your spirit.
Love: Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment