Monday, March 26, 2012

Motivational Mondays


Let us move forward this week giving thanks for all we have. Recently I had this Woman come through my check out at work. She was dressed to the nines, not a hair out of place, she was esthetically perfect! She looked glamorous, fresh & crisp. (I'm ashamed to say that I felt a little small in her presence) She just smelled so good & I felt so dumpy & lumpy! I smiled & asked her if she was enjoying all of this beautiful weather we've been having and to my surprise (because she did look like a beautiful Spring Day!) She scoffed and said "It's supposed to rain & go down to 10 degrees!" We've all been there, we've all made these ungrateful comments at one time or another (I'm not judging her for that) I've been guilty of these same comments.
However I did judge her, I looked her over & assumed that because she looked & smelled like a beautiful spring flower that she was going to respond like one as well. I was wrong...AGAIN! 
I am reading this fabulous book called 1000 Gifts,
written by Ann Voskamp & she summed it up the best for me, when we are not thankful in the moment for what we have, while we have it, we are nothing more than ungrateful children who don't deserve to have any more.  
Give thanks for EVERYTHING, for when we don't we are saying that life just isn't good enough. I have found that God lives in giving thanks, joy grows in my heart every time I give thanks. Love grows in my heart every time I give thanks. I know that I will forget this (just as the beautiful spring flower did) like a mirror image (except I'm not quite as pretty) that Woman showed me just how ugly we all look when we aren't thankful. Even if you are going through something very difficult or painful right now, start with something small to focus your gratitude on ("I am thankful for the sunshine") Say to your broken heart: "heart I love you enough to piece you back together, one piece at a time starting with today".
Hearts break & that's just a normal part of life, because life is hard & doesn't make sense all of the time. We may not understand everything but we can choose to give thanks for the little things.
Finding thanks in everything is my mantra...
Give it a try this week, I promise you that if you move forward making a concerted effort to give thanks for everything you have in each moment you have it, you will have a fabulous week ahead of you. I PROMISE!

PS. Thank-you God for all of your children EVERY single one of them has a valuable lesson to teach me!
Love: Tanya

2 comments:

  1. beautifully said! thank you for motivation this monday morning...I NEEDED IT! why are you blogging at 4:00 in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! I NEEDED IT TOO!
    It wasn't 4am, I don't know how to set the proper time on this thing!

    ReplyDelete