Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 21st 1972


Have you ever received that phone call late at night that makes your heart stop beating?
All of a sudden all that I could hear was my own heart beating.
All other noises seemed to completely drain away along with the blood pumping through my veins.
This happened to everyone who knew & loved him six long years ago. Have you heard this saying?: "in time it will get easier"...
really does it EVER get easier???
Isn't that a ridiculous statement?..."it will get easier".
I think the only time that this wrong will ever seem right is when we are all reunited again.
Close to my heart, this is where I keep him.
He is safe there. I protect him there. He comforts me there.
He reminds me to live & laugh & love.
I remember him, not only today but every day from now until forever. I honor him today. I miss him with an ache that grows more & more every year that I don't get to laugh with him or hug him. I've pretended for a long time that he isn't gone in the flesh, that he's on some sort of long trip.
The closer I draw to Jesus, the more I know this to be true. I will hug him again.
We will laugh together again...
for now I must endure the long ache until we meet again.
Today I honor you. Today I remember your life. 
Today I wish you happy birthday. 
Today you are present. Today you are my present. 
I love you. I miss you. You know, I know you know.

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
In my Father's house are many rooms;
if it were not so, I would have told you.
I am going there to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back and take you to be with me
 that you also may be where I am.
You know the way to the place where I am going.
John 14:1-4 


8 If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord.
So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
Romans 14:8

Death is not the end.
Death can never be the end.
Death is the road.
Life is the traveler.
The soul is the guide.
~~~~

I know I will love death.
Why?
Because death too
Is God's creation
And because death reminds me
Of the existence of her sister:  
Infinity's Life immortal.
~ Sri Chinmoy ~

PS. Thank-you Dear Lord for the very precious gifts you give.
~ Happy Birthday Jason ~
We will love you forever & always,
Tanya

3 comments:

  1. Thanks my sweet niece for the beautiful memorial to Jason. It brought tears - but tears of gratitude to you for keeping him so close. It means the world to me. Loads of love, Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete