Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Carpenter Told Me A Story Once & I Believed EVERYTHING He Told Me...


So 2000 some odd years ago, a humble man, a carpenter no less, came to disclaim the well dressed "religious teachers" of that time. This amazing "nobody", proved to his followers that the qualified "teachers" had nothing but venom in their own hearts. We can spew off every single scripture that may "oppose" gay marriage, or call homosexuality "sin", my question is this ~ What does this have to do with loving Jesus with our whole hearts? Everything that Jesus was crucified for is being mocked when we battle out the holy scriptures and become self righteous. I don't want to be one of the Pharisees who crucified Jesus. I want to be his follower, isn't the bible a road map for our OWN salvation? Am I wrong to think that when I read the bible it is teaching ME how to live MY life? I read it and think WOW God is AMAZING ~ He has shown me that every single finger I point outward, I had better turn that finger right back in, look in the mirror & make some serious changes within myself. Correct me if I'm wrong, because that's often the case in my life... but wasn't there a time in history when you had to be someone of importance & come from money to have access to reading a Bible? Good believing Christians didn't always get to read the bible, how on earth did they ever have a relationship with God if they didn't read the bible & know every scripture by heart??? I'll tell you how I think they would, they would get down on their knees & simply say, God I am NO ONE with out YOU, I NEED YOU & then they would walk in relationship to his good & perfect will for their lives. Anybody who is filled with self righteousness has got bigger problems than "homosexuality being a sin".  Are we all not guilty of sinning? Why on earth would Jesus our Lord & Savior need to be crucified for our sins if we are all perfect? It upsets me when "religious teachers" fixate on Homosexuality being a sin! Well dressed, sitting on thrones proclaiming their "education" as Theologians of the bible condemning people for being sinners (does any of this sound a tad too familiar?) Jesus did not come here to condemn the world, but to save it. There is not a day that goes by that I don't fall on my knees & thank Jesus for his saving grace. I am a SINNER, saved by HIS GRACE, not of my own doing, so that I may NEVER BOAST, it is HIM that is doing a good work in me. I thank that amazing carpenter every day for teaching me who I really am in him. Jesus came to put an end to judging & oppressing others...How can this be so hard for so many?  ~ As soon as we fill ourselves up with "knowledge" our egos take over & self righteousness wins ~ But when we fill ourselves with Jesus, we walk humbly with him ~ He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth. Isaiah 53:7

Homosexual men & woman are no more sinful by nature than heterosexual men & woman, to think otherwise is absolutely self righteous and sinful in itself!

Jesus came to free the oppressed, equality for all in Him who paid it all.

It is time for "religious teachers" to fully grasp that their own self righteousness is in fact a sin. The message of the Gospel is so crystal clear to those who believe on Jesus. We are ALL called to LOVE our neighbor & my neighbor is in fact a Homosexual. I am not here by God's devine grace to judge others, I am simply called to LOVE others. Love without His amazing grace is impossible for a self righteous heart to obtain. Love with His amazing grace has no limits, he showed us this when he said "IT IS FINISHED" on the Cross.

Blessings & Love.
Your Sister in Christ,
Tanya

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently talking to some gay men on a forum about the Bible. I have to seperate, to them, the Word of God and that what many "Christians" are saying are not the same thing. Sometimes it feels like I'm fighting a mountain on both sides. It is all about love. When all the debate is over.

    ReplyDelete