Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Embarrassing Moment #1

I will be posting a series of embarrassing moments that we've experienced over the past 10 years of parenting. 

This is the first of MANY...

It was Christmas Eve, my then 5 year old & 3 year old had helped me do some baking to wrap up into small gift bags that we were going to hand deliver to our neighbours. We set out with our gifts in hand and our first stop to be made was to our sweet elderly neighbour, Irene. The boys eagerly climbed the steps of the front porch feeling proud that they were doing something so grown up by themselves, while I waited below. Irene opened her front door and was overcome with gratitude at the boys sweet offering of love. I stood there beaming with a sense of pride at how adorable and gracious my two precious boys were being. Irene then asked the boys if they would like to come inside for a visit? (This is when I secretly thanked Sweet Baby Jesus, that she was hearing impaired!) My then 5 year old said "no thank you, your house smells bad." Oh how The Lord keeps our prideful hearts ever so humble!

No comments:

Post a Comment