Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Embarrassing Moment #4!

Here we go again...


My little peanut of a girl is OBSESSED with how Jesus died. There's parts of my faith that I have trouble explaining in words that would help a four year old child understand the Cross & what it means. She's relentless with her gruelling questions and I always feel weird explaining something so complex to a small precious mind. Like I'm warping her innocence or something? But I've always stood by the theory that when you ask me a question, I will do my very best to answer it as truthfully & as graciously as I possibly can...

Entering Walmart on the busiest day in the universe;

"Mommy why did the people's kill Baby Jesus?"

"We'll talk about this later."

"But why Mommy? Why they hung him on the cross? Was God mad at him?"

Beginning to sweat as many eyes are glaring for an answer;

"We'll talk about this later, when we're not shopping in a VERY BUSY STORE."

"Mommy would you hang Baby Jesus on a cross?"

Ok now I'm like super uncomfortable;

"Jackie can you please stop saying that."

Whining and getting even louder;

"MAWMEE WHY THE PEOPLE'S KILLED BABY JESUS?"

Oh sweet Baby Jesus, please make this stop! Think of something Tanya. Think of something. ANYTHING!!!

"Oh Jackie look at this dress isn't it pretty?"

"IS JESUS DEAD?!"

I'm in hell right now. Hell.

"No he's alive in our hearts. No I wouldn't kill him, I love and follow him. We love Baby Jesus!"

"I wouldn't kill Baby Jesus, cause he's just a baby and we don't kill babies cause that's not nice."

Oh heaven help me get the hell out of here!!!

I swear it felt like time had stopped & a crowd of on-lookers were glaring at us and I could feel the beads of sweat dripping from my forehead:)

For the record I love her questions and I love truth telling, just not in crowded places with a child who is whining louder than an ambulance siren, demanding to know EVERYTHING about the death of my Lord & Saviour!

Embarrassing!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment